- Iron Man 2009 really kicks off our summer season. This huge event draws elite athletes from all walks of life, as they compete in a 2.4 mile swimming event, 112 miles of bicycling, and 26.2 mile run. If you are planning to attend Iron Man this summer, you need to call TMI Tours to secure accommodations as they will sell out in advance. This event begins June 21st and draws large crowds, as well as participants, so be prepared for downtown Coeur d’Alene to really come alive.
- Kayaking and canoeing: we have so many miles of shoreline between Coeur d’Alene Lake, Hayden Lake, the Spokane River, Twin Lakes, Spirit Lake, and the beautiful marshlands of the 11 chain lakes. Rentals and guided trips are available with reservations. Whether you want whitewater or a quiet sightseeing trip through a nature preserve, TMI Tours can deliver the adventure you are looking for.
- ATV riding and rentals: we have miles and miles of old logging trails literally criss-crossing our backwoods. Rentals are available for all ages and there are several riding clubs locally that would love to have you join them for a day. Many of our small communities are ATV friendly and you can ride from your door to your destination, stopping at a local sandwich shop for lunch.
- Rock climbing: Tubbs Hill is surrounded by huge boulders and rock cliffs dropping right into the lake. Favorite local spots are Q’emilin Park in Post Falls or Castle Rock on the Coeur d’Alene River.
- Biking trails: the Centennial Trail, 37 miles of paved trail, shadows the banks of the Spokane River from Washington into Idaho. The Route of the Hiawatha follows the old railroad lines through 10 rock tunnels and 7 high train trestles. It covers 15 miles through the Bitteroot Mountains between Idaho and Montana. Bicycle rentals are available for a small fee, as well as shuttle transportation. Take your bicycle up the high-speed chair at Schweitzer or the gondola at Silver Mountain and ride along the top of the mountains.
- Horseback riding: Whether you are looking for a real Dude Ranch experience or just a day with the kids, TMI Tours can arrange a great Wild West vacation for you. With several ranches to choose from, you can enjoy a real campfire cookout, backcountry pack-in for hunting or fishing or guided trail rides over miles of mountains and streams.
- Golf in Coeur d’Alene: We have it all; public courses, private country clubs, and beautiful mountain courses overlooking Lake Coeur d’Alene. TMI Tours has an exclusive golf package featuring several private golf courses. With 13 courses to choose from, a golf vacation to Coeur d’Alene will keep you busy.
- Hiking trails will immerse you into the pristine scenery that makes North Idaho such a great destination. There isn’t a better way to observe wildlife and learn about local history. There are interpretive trails as well as miles of logging roads and back country lakes and streams to hike into and explore. Several local clubs have hosted hikes to some of our most popular attractions and they welcome everyone.
- Fishing, whether it be lake or stream, is one of our most popular sports, and with good reason. Our lakes and streams provide the kind of fishing most anglers dream about. With over 10 world class, blue ribbon wild trout streams and 1,500 high mountain lakes, Idaho offers a challenge for every class of fisherman. TMI Tours can arrange your vacation to include guides, fishing lodges, back country camp outs or just a day on the lake.
See our website for North Idaho adventure ideas, or contact us at [email protected] for information on these or other vacations plans.